LIMITED TIME OFFER EBAY

Thursday, March 2, 2017

SPECIAL Price (now) Smartphone Wileyfox Swift dual SIM Free (Midnight Blue) £109.99

Expired 23:59
Friday, 3 March 2017 (GMT)
Time in United Kingdom


 Excellent phone, highly recommended customer Amazon
Review By Dominic Shields on 20 Oct. 2015

Wileyfox Swift Colour: Black Verified Purchase 

 

Reluctantly accepting that my 4 and a half years with my Galaxy S2 were up I was looking for a replacement at a decent price that had a removable battery as I would never willingly buy a phone that didn't, the bonuses here were Cyanogen with no bloatware and no issues with SD cards not being properly usable.
I have seen a few comments and questions so for some balance,
I really don't understand the apparent issue of having to remove the battery to access the Sim and SD card for two reasons. Firstly I wouldn't dream of inserting or removing them with the phone powered up and secondly not being prone to participating in spy/thriller movies I don't have a habit of removing either on a regular basis.
The phone isn't rooted, having had my Galaxy S2 rooted for half the time I had it I probably would do so if I could think of any reason to but so far I have drawn a blank.
The handset volume and call sound quality are dramatically better than my S2.
I find the battery life fine, charged overnight it is down to about 40% by bedtime so far but then I don't play games, stream movies whilst skateboarding and all that other stuff I should be doing in adverts.
If I want to take serious pictures, I use a £300 camera, cameras in a phone that costs £129 are logically going to have cost quite a lot less so are for happy snappers or selfies. Regrettably I am no longer 17 years old so the cameras in the phone are mostly of academic interest to me, I gather the main one is made by Samsung.
USB charging cables - the micro USB port on the phone is recessed quite a bit and I had picked this up in an online tech review site but unlike them I haven't found an existing cable of mine that doesn't reach and connect properly. The phone does come with a white USB cable of a kind I hadn't seen before which works fine also.
The only change I have made is to remove the email application that came with the phone "Boxer"? or something and replace with BlueMail.

My only query is - when and where can I get a spare battery? I am getting twitchy about not having one.

Edit 26th Oct 2015 - Lots of tech reviews refer to the SD card slot being max 32GB but I have a Samsung 64GB Evo Plus card read as such in the phone, I haven't tried writing more than 32GB to it to see what happens but I am confident that it works OK.
Edit 28th Oct 2015 - Have given the GPS a good checking out given the comments about it, the initial lock the very first time took a long time but it works fine for me, the App "GPS Status Test & Fix - No Ads" is quite useful. See image attached of the GPS lock obtained indoors near a window.
Edit 4th Dec 2015 - I have seen many reviews complaining at the lack of a manual, setting aside my puzzled expression and accepting this at face value there appears to be two options for a supplier.
1. Waste the planet's resources on a manual which the majority of people will never read.
2. Assume that people buying a piece of technology that has two buttons, one of which is an on/off switch, will manage to be able to use the device to perform Google searches to find out the answers to their questions...more Wileyfox

No comments:

Post a Comment